Our Kansas City catastrophic injury lawyers represent people who have suffered life-changing injuries. If you have been hurt because of the actions of others, call Aramjoo Law Firm Personal Injury Lawyers. Our family-owned law firm can represent you in seeking financial compensation. Get in touch with our Kansas City personal injury lawyers today.
Legal Representation for Catastrophic Injury Victims in Kansas City, MO
The legal representation that you choose when you face a catastrophic injury is especially important. When your injuries are likely to impact you for the rest of your life, you need legal representation that will impact your life positively. The compensation you receive can help you in the future.
The Aramjoo Law Firm Personal Injury Lawyers is a husband and wife team. We provide legal representation for catastrophic injury claims in Kansas City, Missouri.
There are important considerations for how to handle claims where victims have long-lasting and permanent injuries. We know these important issues, and we take your case seriously.
Call or message us today to see how we can help you. Come for a consultation at our offices, or we can meet you at home, the hospital, or another convenient place.
Call Aramjoo. We know what to do!
About Catastrophic Injuries
A catastrophic injury is an injury that is likely to significantly impact the trajectory of the victim’s life. It is an especially serious injury with life-changing consequences.
An injury may be catastrophic because it is:
- Severe and disrupting to the person’s life for a significant period of time
- Permanent, with little or no possibility of recovery
- Disfiguring, leaving the body visibly damaged, including scars
Any one of these types of injuries, or multiple characteristics combined, can make an injury catastrophic. There is no single type of injury that a person must have to qualify. The key question is how a person’s injuries prevent them from living the life they lived before the accident.
Examples of Catastrophic Injury
- Spinal cord injury, paralysis, nerve damage
- Damage to major bodily systems and functions
- Limitations in important life activities like walking or communicating
- Brain trauma, concussion, skull fracture
- Broken bones that can’t be healed or which cause disfigurement
- Burns and scars
- Amputation, loss of limb
- Damage to the senses like hearing, vision, and touch
If your injury has significantly changed the course of your life, it should be treated as a catastrophic injury for the purposes of compensation.
What is a catastrophic injury lawsuit?
A catastrophic injury lawsuit is the action a victim takes to seek compensation for serious, life-changing injuries. It is a formal action in civil court brought against the party with legal responsibility for causing the injuries.
Why bring a catastrophic injury lawsuit?
Each person is different. Each situation is different. But here are some reasons that a catastrophic injury lawsuit may benefit a victim and their family:
- Funds to pay medical bills
- Help for future medical bills and the costs of personal care the victim may need
- Answers to questions about what occurred through the legal discovery process
- Recognition for the victim and the severe impact the accident has had on their life
- Accountability for the person who may have been the direct actor and others who have legal liability for what happened
- Bringing attention to the harms that occurred and how similar injuries may be avoided with changes in law and awareness about important issues
- The ability to structure a legal award to protect the victim and their future
A catastrophic injury lawsuit may help a victim financially and personally. Of course, a catastrophic injury victim has both financial and personal losses. The compensation the victim receives should reflect the nature of a serious, life-changing injury.
How Do Catastrophic Injuries Occur?
Some ways that catastrophic injuries occur are:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Bus accidents
- Rideshare accidents
- Other motor vehicle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Dangerous property conditions
- Workplace incidents, construction, and other on-the-job injuries
- Sports injuries
- Assault and battery, domestic violence
- Animal attacks, dog bites
- Falling objects, including trees
- Medical errors, defective drugs
Do you already know who is at fault for your injury? Do you need help determining who may be to blame? Your call should be the same. Call Aramjoo Law Firm Personal Injury Lawyers to discuss your case.
How can a lawyer help?
A lawyer can assist you with the issues that may be critical in your catastrophic injury claim, including:
- Identifying who is legally responsible and proving their responsibility based on legal standards
- Knowing what legal claims to state and how to prepare legal documents
- Filing your case in court
- Looking at future damages and the cost of care for the years to come
- Showing the nature of injuries and how they have significantly impacted your life
- Asking for the appropriate damages for pain and suffering, emotional anguish, and disfigurement
- Responding to questions and issues that defendants may raise
- Negotiating and handling court appearances that may be especially contentious
- Answering your questions and guiding you throughout the case
- Carefully negotiating a settlement, ensuring it reflects your wishes, or seeking compensation through a trial verdict
Each step in a catastrophic injury case must be handled with care. Since the victim is almost certainly not going to be healed by the time the case resolves, the compensation they receive should include future damages. Our lawyers are full-service representatives and ready for whatever issues may arise in your situation.
As a family-owned law firm, you can expect us to treat you like family. We knew in law school that we wanted to start a law firm to help people like you. Our process begins with a consultation. It is an opportunity to discuss your case, get answers to your questions, and talk about your options. There is no obligation.
Taking New Cases – Start Today
Aramjoo Law Firm Personal Injury Lawyers are here to be tough for you when times are challenging. We are Kansas City catastrophic injury lawyers offering free consultations for victims facing serious and catastrophic injuries.
We are taking new cases. Contact us today for a free consultation and get started on your case.