When you’ve been caught in possession of drugs or drug trafficking in Missouri, it’s a big deal. This state has some of the toughest laws in the country for both. Lucky for you, the Aramjoo Law Firm is here, ready to serve as your criminal defense attorney. We know the law. We know how to fight for our clients to get their charges dismissed or in the case of a jury trial, found not guilty. We want to fight for you, so call us today for a free consultation.
Why Hire Us
Professional. Personable. Attentive.
Our founding partner has experience at the Jackson County Prosecutor’s office and has also earned the Terry L. Thomas Trial Practice Award. You can rest assured your case will be handled with professionalism and careful attention to every detail. Clients rave about the passion, care, and vigor our partners have provided for their cases. Call for your free consultation today and find out why we’re the criminal defense lawyers you want on your side!
Drug-Related Cases We Defend
From misdemeanors to felonies, we defend a broad range of drug crime cases. Our experienced criminal defense attorneys handle federal and state drug-related cases not limited to the following:
- Possession of a controlled substance
- Possession of drug paraphernalia
- Drug trafficking
- Drug conspiracy
- Drug importation
- Employer discrimination related to drug testing
- Drug Possession Defense – Marijuana
Even with the medical marijuana laws enacted in Missouri, it is still one of the few states drug possession charges are extremely strict. If you do not possess a medical marijuana card and are caught with marijuana, you could be charged with any of the following:
- Class D misdemeanor – Possession under 10 grams. Fine up to $500.
- Class A misdemeanor – Possession under 10 grams with a previous drug conviction or possession between 10 and 35 grams first offense. Punishable with a fine up to $2,000 and up to one year in jail.
- Class D felony – Possession more than 35 grams. Find up to $10,000 and up to 7 years in prison.
Do you have questions about charges you’re facing because of the Missouri marijuana laws? We’re here to help! Click on our contact form below or call today.
Drug Possession Defense – Other Controlled Substances
The laws for drug crimes are extremely strict in Missouri. In fact, even if you are caught with a trace of cocaine, you will face the same charge as someone with a gram. We know how to fight to ensure that you face charges appropriate for your crime and fight to clear you. Whether this is your first drug offense or you’ve been charged previously, we can help. Call us today at (816) 479-5898 to schedule your free consult.
Drug Trafficking Defense
Do you know the difference between a state charge or a federal charge for drug trafficking? The key difference is that a federal charge will expectedly result in a harsher sentence. Some of these possible penalties include the following:
- Class D felony – Possession of any controlled substance (excluding marijuana): Fines up to $10,000 and up to 7 years in prison.
- Class B felony – Distribution of any controlled substance (excluding marijuana): Prison term of 5 to 15 years.
- Class A felony – Distribution of a controlled substance within 2,000 feet of a school: Prison term of 10 years to life.
Sentences for a felony could range anywhere from 5 years to life. Don’t take that chance by trying to fight this alone or with an overburdened public defender who doesn’t have time to truly defend you! We will scour every detail of your case and give you the attention you deserve! If you are facing a drug trafficking charge, call us today for a free consult so we can review your case and fight for you.
Call for Your Free Initial Consultation
If you’ve been charged with drug trafficking or possession at any level the attorneys at Aramjoo Law Firm are dedicated criminal defense attorneys and here to help you. Their combined and individual experience has helped many people beat the criminal charges they face. You can be assured that throughout the process that you will be well informed, at ease and prepared for your trial. Call now to schedule your free consultation at (816) 479-5898 or fill out our contact form.